Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Louie in Baghdad

Default "How do I setup tabs for leader symbols (decimals) within a table?

Hi Everyone!

I'm setting up an appendix for attachments to a report labeling each against
a letter of the alphabet using leader periods with tabs to arrange them. But
the letters look all crooked. I'd like to put all the appendices in a table
but when I do the table doesn't recognize the tabs or leader periods I set to
separate the name of the appendix and its assigned corresponding letter.

Help? My questions is "How do I setup tabs for leader symbols (decimals)
within a table?"

Thanks for your time to help me out!

Louie
Baghdad, Iraq
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale

Set a right aligned tab with leaders and then within the table, hold down
Ctrl when you press the tab key. Does this solve your problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Louie in Baghdad" wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I'm setting up an appendix for attachments to a report labeling each against
a letter of the alphabet using leader periods with tabs to arrange them. But
the letters look all crooked. I'd like to put all the appendices in a table
but when I do the table doesn't recognize the tabs or leader periods I set to
separate the name of the appendix and its assigned corresponding letter.

Help? My questions is "How do I setup tabs for leader symbols (decimals)
within a table?"

Thanks for your time to help me out!

Louie
Baghdad, Iraq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Not sure why you'd want a table when an ordinary TOC will do what you want
automatically. See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

"Louie in Baghdad" Louie in wrote in
message ...
Hi Everyone!

I'm setting up an appendix for attachments to a report labeling each

against
a letter of the alphabet using leader periods with tabs to arrange them.

But
the letters look all crooked. I'd like to put all the appendices in a

table
but when I do the table doesn't recognize the tabs or leader periods I set

separate the name of the appendix and its assigned corresponding letter.

Help? My questions is "How do I setup tabs for leader symbols (decimals)
within a table?"

Thanks for your time to help me out!

Louie
Baghdad, Iraq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Louie in Baghdad

Ms Drysdale:

Thank you for your quick reply and helpful advise ... it worked! All is right!

You're a peach!

Thank you for taking your time to help.

Louie

"Louie in Baghdad" wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I'm setting up an appendix for attachments to a report labeling each against
a letter of the alphabet using leader periods with tabs to arrange them. But
the letters look all crooked. I'd like to put all the appendices in a table
but when I do the table doesn't recognize the tabs or leader periods I set to
separate the name of the appendix and its assigned corresponding letter.

Help? My questions is "How do I setup tabs for leader symbols (decimals)
within a table?"

Thanks for your time to help me out!

Louie
Baghdad, Iraq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Louie in Baghdad

Default "How do I setup tabs for leader symbols (decimals) within a ta

Ms Barnhill:

Thank you so much for the TOC tip and referral to Ms Kelly's website ...
fantastic!

You're very kind to help.

Louie