Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harald Harald is offline

Default Word 2007 : save as type "Word97 - 2003" doesn't woerk

HI everybody,
I try to save a Word 2007 document as "Word97 - 2003":
I did :
office - save as - save as type: Word 97 - 2003 Document
If I open the document with Word 2003, the format changes:
- the words are in the colour are black or blue.
- many words are underlined

I already set in Word 2007 in register "review" - track changes - change
tracking option "markup-area" to "none". Also I disflagged all others.
But it still does not work. What is the solution ?
Thank you.
Harald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

From your description, I don't think there's anything wrong with _save as
type_. Track changes settings do not travel with the document. So when you
open a word document on a different computer--whether it was saved as or not--
you must change the settings to what you want.

Harald wrote:
HI everybody,
I try to save a Word 2007 document as "Word97 - 2003":
I did :
office - save as - save as type: Word 97 - 2003 Document
If I open the document with Word 2003, the format changes:
- the words are in the colour are black or blue.
- many words are underlined

I already set in Word 2007 in register "review" - track changes - change
tracking option "markup-area" to "none". Also I disflagged all others.
But it still does not work. What is the solution ?
Thank you.
Harald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harald Harald is offline

Hi PamC,
thanks for the info.
Just an example:
I bought WORD2007 (Office Home and Student 2007) just here in New Zealand 5
days ago.
I write my application (cover letter and CV) on my laptop (German XP
version) and will send these Word document to the employer/recruiter.
Some of them don't like PDF format.
If they will open my documents with word 2003 then they look so "strange"
(seems to be they are still in process).
If I am an employer I expect a "perfect" application. I don't want to change
any format. Thus I expect also. I never changed any format when I got Word
documents by email.
Who can I contact ?
I like really send one of my documents to MS support whether they can check
it.
Do you know the way ?
Thank you very much in advance.

From your description, I don't think there's anything wrong with _save as

Harald wrote:
HI everybody,
I try to save a Word 2007 document as "Word97 - 2003":
I did :
office - save as - save as type: Word 97 - 2003 Document
If I open the document with Word 2003, the format changes:
- the words are in the colour are black or blue.
- many words are underlined

I already set in Word 2007 in register "review" - track changes - change
tracking option "markup-area" to "none". Also I disflagged all others.
But it still does not work. What is the solution ?
Thank you.
Harald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're missing the point. If you don't want recipients to see markup, you
must remove it before sending the document, by accepting all changes and
removing all comments.

http://word.mvps.org

"Harald" wrote in message
[...]

From your description, I don't think there's anything wrong with _save as

Harald wrote:
HI everybody,
I try to save a Word 2007 document as "Word97 - 2003":
I did :
office - save as - save as type: Word 97 - 2003 Document
If I open the document with Word 2003, the format changes:
- the words are in the colour are black or blue.
- many words are underlined

I already set in Word 2007 in register "review" - track changes - change
tracking option "markup-area" to "none". Also I disflagged all others.
But it still does not work. What is the solution ?
Thank you.
Harald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

And speaking as a New Zealander, I find it hard to believe that any employer
would have a problem with a cover letter and CV in PDF format. Perhaps some
recruiters might want it in Word format (so they can easily load your details
into their contact management system), but employers would rather have a good
quality, clean copy that they can actually read. PDF solves that problem very
nicely, and hides any of the potential "sensitive" content in the document at
the same time.

Also I wouldn't bet on anybody you send a Word document to not making
changes to it. Unfortunately, not everyone is as honest as you are - even in
NZ. ;-P
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"Harald" wrote:

[...]

From your description, I don't think there's anything wrong with _save as

Harald wrote:
HI everybody,
I try to save a Word 2007 document as "Word97 - 2003":
I did :
office - save as - save as type: Word 97 - 2003 Document
If I open the document with Word 2003, the format changes:
- the words are in the colour are black or blue.
- many words are underlined

I already set in Word 2007 in register "review" - track changes - change
tracking option "markup-area" to "none". Also I disflagged all others.
But it still does not work. What is the solution ?
Thank you.
Harald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harald Harald is offline

Hi Suzanne, hi PamC, hi Gordon,

thank you for your info.
I think the problem is "by accepting all changes and
removing all comments".
I didn't know that.
THis funtionality wasn't given in my previous version Word 97.
Thank you very much for your help and your answers in such a short time.
My fully respect !
Harald

"Harald" wrote in message
[...]

From your description, I don't think there's anything wrong with _save as