Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris Chris is offline

Default Copy Word table into excel

I have a few documents that are over 50 pages long that have requirements in
a word table. The requirements have formatting such as Carriage returns,
bullets, and indents. What I would like to do is for each cell in word to
copy over to a single cell in excel. the problem is that every one cell in
word converts to many in excel ... which I'm thinking is mostly due to
formatting.

Is there an easy way to do this that I'm just missing?
Any ideas I should try.... thanks

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

For each paragraph mark (¶ with nonprinting marks displayed) within a Word
cell you will get an additional row. Try deleting the paragraph marks before
copying; to accomplish that, you can use Find and Replace.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP