Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
HenryM679 HenryM679 is offline

Default copying a table without clipboard

How can I copy a table from one doc to another doc without using the clipboard?

I need to make this app run on an website and possibly multiuser.

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

HenryM679 wrote:
How can I copy a table from one doc to another doc without using the
clipboard?

I need to make this app run on an website and possibly multiuser.

Thanks for any help

Declare two Range objects. Set the first one to the range of the existing
table, and set the second one to a collapsed point in the other document
where you want the copy. Then assign the .FormattedText property of the
second range to be equal to the .FormattedText property of the first range.
Something like this:

Dim RgSrc As Range, RgDest As Range

Set RgSrc = SrcDoc.Tables(1).Range

Set RgDest = DestDoc.Range
RgDest.Collapse wdCollapseEnd

RgDest.FormattedText = RgSrc.FormattedText

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
HenryM679 HenryM679 is offline

Thanks for your help but I still get a type mismatch error. I modified it
some to fit my app. It runs in ASP.net.

Here is what I have now.

Dim rgSrc As Word.Range = wrdIn.ActiveDocument.Tables(7).Range
wrdOut.Selection.MoveStart()
wrdOut.Selection.Find.ClearFormatting()
With wrdOut.Selection.Find
.Text = "__ASSUMPTIONS__"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = Word.WdFindWrap.wdFindStop
.Format = False
.MatchCase = True
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
wrdOut.Selection.Find.Execute()
Dim rgDst As Word.Range
rgDst = wrdOut.Selection.Range
rgDst.Collapse(Word.WdCollapseDirection.wdCollapse End)
rgDst.FormattedText = rgSrc.FormattedText

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

HenryM679 wrote:
How can I copy a table from one doc to another doc without using the
clipboard?

I need to make this app run on an website and possibly multiuser.

Thanks for any help

Declare two Range objects. Set the first one to the range of the existing
table, and set the second one to a collapsed point in the other document
where you want the copy. Then assign the .FormattedText property of the
second range to be equal to the .FormattedText property of the first range.
Something like this:

Dim RgSrc As Range, RgDest As Range

Set RgSrc = SrcDoc.Tables(1).Range

Set RgDest = DestDoc.Range
RgDest.Collapse wdCollapseEnd

RgDest.FormattedText = RgSrc.FormattedText

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I don't know ASP.Net syntax, so I probably can't help much. But in VBA, the Set
keyword is required when you try to assign a value to a Range object (or any
object), so the line third from the end should be

Set rgDst = wrdOut.Selection.Range

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

HenryM679 wrote:
How can I copy a table from one doc to another doc without using the
clipboard?

I need to make this app run on an website and possibly multiuser.

Thanks for any help

Declare two Range objects. Set the first one to the range of the existing
table, and set the second one to a collapsed point in the other document
where you want the copy. Then assign the .FormattedText property of the
second range to be equal to the .FormattedText property of the first range.
Something like this:

Dim RgSrc As Range, RgDest As Range

Set RgSrc = SrcDoc.Tables(1).Range

Set RgDest = DestDoc.Range
RgDest.Collapse wdCollapseEnd

RgDest.FormattedText = RgSrc.FormattedText

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
HenryM679 HenryM679 is offline

Thanks for your help. You gave me some new ideas.
Set is not used in .net. Visual Studio removes it if I put it in.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

HenryM679 wrote:
How can I copy a table from one doc to another doc without using the
clipboard?

I need to make this app run on an website and possibly multiuser.

Thanks for any help

Declare two Range objects. Set the first one to the range of the existing
table, and set the second one to a collapsed point in the other document
where you want the copy. Then assign the .FormattedText property of the
second range to be equal to the .FormattedText property of the first range.
Something like this:

Dim RgSrc As Range, RgDest As Range

Set RgSrc = SrcDoc.Tables(1).Range

Set RgDest = DestDoc.Range
RgDest.Collapse wdCollapseEnd

RgDest.FormattedText = RgSrc.FormattedText

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
HenryM679 HenryM679 is offline

I have tried all I can thing of and still get errors. Here is what I have now.

Dim rgSrc As Word.Range = wrdIn.ActiveDocument.Tables(7).Range
wrdOut.Selection.GoTo(What:=Word.WdGoToItem.wdGoTo Bookmark,
Name:="ASSUMPTIONS")
wrdOut.Selection.InsertRows(rgSrc)

and I get this error

This method or property is not available because some or all of the object
does not refer to a table

Any ideas?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

HenryM679 wrote:
How can I copy a table from one doc to another doc without using the
clipboard?

I need to make this app run on an website and possibly multiuser.

Thanks for any help

Declare two Range objects. Set the first one to the range of the existing
table, and set the second one to a collapsed point in the other document
where you want the copy. Then assign the .FormattedText property of the
second range to be equal to the .FormattedText property of the first range.
Something like this:

Dim RgSrc As Range, RgDest As Range

Set RgSrc = SrcDoc.Tables(1).Range

Set RgDest = DestDoc.Range
RgDest.Collapse wdCollapseEnd

RgDest.FormattedText = RgSrc.FormattedText

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Copying markups from one table to another Chilly Tables 3 July 24th 16 03:42 PM
copying inside of the table Lina Tables 1 June 20th 08 06:29 PM
remove font designation before copying to clipboard? Mickey Ferguson Tables 5 April 8th 08 04:54 PM
Copying excel table. AhmetDY Tables 3 February 28th 06 02:13 PM
Copying files to clipboard word 2003 KM1 Microsoft Word Help 0 March 29th 05 11:41 PM