ThanhVu Nguyen

Default Automatic Updating References in MS Word

What I mean by this is if I have a
section of text like the following:

..
..
..
The theory of genetic programs and their applications are described in
detail in reference [5].
..
..
..

References

[1]
[2]
..
..
..
[5] Koza, Genetic Programming, Publisher name, year, so on
[6]

If I add intermediate references so that reference [5] becomes
reference
[12], I would like there to be automatic updating so that the line in
the
references becomes

References

[1]
[2]
..
..
..
[12] Koza, Genetic Programming, Publisher name, year, so on
[13]

without me chanGing it. I would like to invoke a similar feature for
referencing equations, sections, figures, and tables in papers.

Create your reference list as an ordinary numbered list and use
cross-references to the paragraph numbers in the text. Even if they don't
update automatically, they will update when you explicitly update fields
(when you print, for example).

"ThanhVu Nguyen" ThanhVu wrote in message
What I mean by this is if I have a
section of text like the following:

.
.