Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tab Tab is offline

Default Word hangs (crashes) on opening a document

I'm using Office 2003/XP and I am not able to open any documents from a
colleague which use a particular template of his (one I don't use, I'm not
sure why he does!). In the past it has not been a problem, our documents have
been interchangeable) and I'm not aware of any recent system change. I can
open other documents (created either by me, him or others) as normal and I
can open the 'problem' documents normally on another PC of mine. I have tried
deleting my Normal.dot template and run Word again, which recreates the
Normal template, but no improvement. Once Word has hung, autorecovering the
document as unfomatted text seems to provide no 'repair' clues.
Suggestions would be most welcome, please!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The template your colleague is using might be corrupt. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

For general troubleshooting in Word, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP