Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louise Louise is offline

Default Bullet problem in 2007

For some reason if I define a bullet style and format my document everything
goes well. If I send that document to one of my coworker and she works in
it, everytime she send me back the document I always have to fix my bullets
as it get all wrong. She telling me that she doesn't play with the style.
What could be the problem ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What, exactly, are the problems you are seeing with bullet formatting when
you get the document back from your coworker?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Louise" wrote in message
For some reason if I define a bullet style and format my document
everything
goes well. If I send that document to one of my coworker and she works in
it, everytime she send me back the document I always have to fix my
bullets
as it get all wrong. She telling me that she doesn't play with the style.
What could be the problem ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are your coworker also using Word 2007? Note that Word 2003 handles
indentation and tab stops differently (as far as numbered and bulleted lists
are concerned), which could be relevant here.

For stable list numbering, you should carefully define the indents and the
tab stop via the Adjust List Indents dialog box and then update the bulleted
style: Right-click a bulleted paragraph. On the context menu, click Adjust
List Indents. Specify the desired "Bullet position." To create a hanging
indent, choose "Tab character" for "Follow number with"; then specify a
different (larger) value for "Text indent" and use the same value for "Add
tab stop at." When you are done, click OK to close the dialog box.

You may be prompted to update the style. If not, do that manually:
Right-click a bulleted paragraph; on the context menu, click Styles | Update
style name to Match Selection.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Louise" wrote in message
For some reason if I define a bullet style and format my document
everything
goes well. If I send that document to one of my coworker and she works
in
it, everytime she send me back the document I always have to fix my
bullets
as it get all wrong. She telling me that she doesn't play with the
style.
What could be the problem ?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are your coworker also using Word 2007? Note that Word 2003 handles
indentation and tab stops differently (as far as numbered and bulleted lists
are concerned), which could be relevant here.

For stable list numbering, you should carefully define the indents and the
tab stop via the Adjust List Indents dialog box and then update the bulleted
style: Right-click a bulleted paragraph. On the context menu, click Adjust
List Indents. Specify the desired "Bullet position." To create a hanging

"Louise" wrote in message
For some reason if I define a bullet style and format my document
everything
goes well. If I send that document to one of my coworker and she works
in
it, everytime she send me back the document I always have to fix my
bullets
as it get all wrong. She telling me that she doesn't play with the
style.
What could be the problem ?

.

bullet spacing problem Paul Microsoft Word Help 1 January 15th 09 07:35 PM
Bullet Formatting Problem Mkate Microsoft Word Help 5 June 5th 07 09:21 PM
Bullet size problem The Hun New Users 3 July 20th 06 01:24 PM
Bullet problem when trying to indent a bullet Kat Page Layout 1 February 8th 06 03:05 AM
Bullet style problem Rob Formatting Long Documents 8 March 1st 05 11:56 AM