Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR2_u JR2_u is offline

Default How do I get F4 function to repeat entire last word

I just upgraded to Word 2007 from Word 2000. In Word 2000 when I used the F4
function to repeat my last entry the entire entry repeated. In Word 2007
when I use the F4 function to repeat my last entry it leaves off the first
character, for example, I typed in January and hit F4 to repeat that entry
and only anuary was repeated instead of the entire word January. Is there
some kind of setting in Word 2007 I can change so the repeat function does
not leave off that first letter?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is not new in Word 2007. If you have selected text and typed over it,
the first character you type counts as the replacement and the rest as new
typing. If you look at the Undo list, you'll see that the typing is broken
down into two actions. F4 (Redo/Repeat) repeats only the second one.

http://word.mvps.org