Sesame

Default How do I lock portion of the document?

Hi,

I'm trying to lock some part of my template as well. Can this be done in
Word 2002? Because I can't find the mentioned feature in Word 2002.

Many Thanks,
Cindy

"hennie" wrote:

Your help function give some information, try the following.

Create different sections in your document, so that the protected area
will be one section. If it all will be on one page create all sections
as continue.

In Word 2003 go to tools/protect document/forms/sections and mark only
the section you want to proctect. Click OK twice.

Hennie

Pie in the Sky wrote:
*I have a word document that a portion of it need to be locked so
that nobody
can change it. The other portion is open to the users who can enter
texts,
apply styles or images. I have tried to use the forms and applied
protection
but it doesn't allow the users to apply text styles and images. *

--
hennie

hennie

I do not understand your your problem. Do the user need to apply
outline numbering or do you want to prevent the user from doing it.

Hennie

jola wrote:
*I have a similar problem - in unprotected * section of document
user can't apply outline numbering

* I did *

* I did *

--
hennie

Charles Kenyon

Set up outline styles and have the users apply the styles. See: How to
create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

jola wrote:
*I have a similar problem - in unprotected * section of document
user can't apply outline numbering

* I did *

* I did *

--
hennie

CID Hosting

I'm Building a Document, I set up the fields I want fill out and sucure the
rest of the Document, I also whant it to be a Templete only. But every time I
try to protect the sections I want protected the program will not let me
protect that section only.

Here is the document:
Jan. 23, 05

COMPUTER SERVICE AGREEMENT

BETWEEN: [click here to type Name of Company]
[Type Mailing Address]
[type City, State, and Zip Code]
[ Type Tel #, Fax #, and Email Address]
( hereinafter referred to as the €śClient€ť)
01
AND: [Type Your Company Name]
[Type Mailing Address]
[type City, State, and Zip Code]
[ Type Tel #, Fax #, and Email Address]
(hereinafter referred to as the €śService Provider€ť)
( the Client and Service Provider are hereinafter collectively referred
to as the
€ś Parties€ť)

PREAMBLE
WHEREAS the Client wishes to obtain various computer services from the
Service Provider.

WHEREAS the Service Provider has agreed to provide the Client with the
computer services
Described hereinbelow, in return for good and valuable consideration;

WHEREAS the Parties wish to evidence their agreement in writing;

WHEREAS the Parties are duly authorized and have the capacity to enter into
and perform this Agreement;

NOW THERFORE, THE PARTIES AGREE AS FOLLOWS:

1.00 PREAMBLE

The Preamble hereto shall from an integral part hereof.

2.00 OBJECT
02 2.01 Services
The Service Provider agrees to provide the Client with the computer
service (hereinafter
Referred to as the €śService€ť) described in the specifications set forth in
Schedule €ś___€ť
Annexed hereto (hereinafter referred to as the €ś Specifications€ť ).

03 2.02 Deadline for Providing the Services
As of the moment the Client has provided the Service Provider with the
information
Elements, and subject to all additional services required by the Client
after the signing
of this Agreement, the Service Providers deadline for providing the
Services shall be
the deadline set forth in the Specifications or any other deadline agreed
upon between the
Parties after the signing of this Agreement.

Client Service Prov.
Copy Right & Property of CIDDESIGN.COM
1989,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005

-2-

3.00 CONSIDERATION
04 3.01 Price of the Services
In consideration for the Services, the Client shall pay to the Service
provider the price set forth in the Specifications, together with all
applicable taxes.

3.02 Performance Bonus
The Service Provider shall be entitled to the performance bonus set forth in
the
Specifications if the Service Provider abides by each and every one of the
conditions
Attaching to the granting of the bonus. In such a case, the said performance
bonus shall be considered to form an integral part of the price of the
services.

3.03 Expenses Incurred
In addition to payment of the price of the Services, the Client shall
reimburse the following to the Service Provider:
a) all direct and indirect expenses incurred with respect to the performance
of this Agreement;
b) supervision and management fees equal to €¦€¦€¦.. percent (____%) of the
total of the aforementioned expenses; and
c) the taxes which are applicable to the said expenses and fees.

The expenses set forth in the Specifications are only approximations. If the
expenses to be incurred exceed the amount set forth in the Specifications by
more than €¦€¦€¦ percent (____%), the Service Provider shall obtain the Clients
authorization prior to incurring same.

Upon request from the Client, the Service Provider shall provide the Client
with a copy of the invoices relating to the expenses incurred and for whence
a reimbursement is being claimed.

Unless otherwise noted in the Specifications, the following cost shall not
be invoiced to the Client:
a) secretarial cost;
b) word processing cost;
c) data entry cost;
d) the cost of using computer equipment;
e) telecopier costs;
f) the cost of meals; and
g) other costs (specify): _______________________________________

3.04 Physical or Electronic Invoicing Address
The Service Provider shall send its invoices to the Client at the physical
or electronic address set forth in the Specifications or at any other
physical or electronic address indicted by the Client to the Service Provider
after the signing of this Agreement.

05 3.05 Terms and Conditions of Payment
The price shall be payable by the client to the Service Provider in
accordance with the terms and conditions of payment set forth in the
Specifications.

4.00 SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
4.01 Representatives of the parties

Client Service Prov.
Copy Right & Property of CIDDESIGN.COM
1989,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005

-3-
Specify Job Descriptions

[ Fill All Job Information Here]

[Put Authorized Persons Name Here] [Put Your Name Here]
[Their Position] [Your Position]