Jim Jones

Default Importing a Publisher Document

Some help for a novice....

How can I import a Publisher (2003) document into a Word (2003) document?

I have access to Acrobat 5.0, if that's relevant.

Many thanks for any help.

Jim Jones
Stefan Blom

In PowerPoint, choose FileSend ToMicrosoft Word and choose an option in the
dialog box that appears.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jim Jones" wrote:

Some help for a novice....

How can I import a Publisher (2003) document into a Word (2003) document?

I have access to Acrobat 5.0, if that's relevant.

Many thanks for any help.

Jim Jones

Stefan Blom

My mistake! Since I'm not that familiar with Publisher I'm afraid
you'll have to wait for someone else to reply. Alternatively, try
asking in a Publisher newsgroup such as microsoft.public.publisher

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jim Jones" wrote:

Some help for a novice....

How can I import a Publisher (2003) document into a Word (2003)

document?

I have access to Acrobat 5.0, if that's relevant.

Many thanks for any help.

Jim Jones

CyberTaz

Hi Jim-

Word can't Open or 'Import' a Publisher file. You have to work from the
opposite direction.

In your Publisher file go to FileSave As, open the File Type list at the
bottom of the dialog box & you will see a variety of formats Publisher can
save in, including various versions of Word.

Keep in mind that the resulting output will not retain _all_ attributes of
the Publisher file, itself. For example, the Word formats and any other word
processing/text file types will not include the graphic elements from the
Publisher file. Other formats may include the graphics, but the text will not
be editable because it is essentially translated as a 'picture'. When you
save, a dialog box will pop up to inform you of what the destination format
does not support.

No offense, but if you are trying to do this simply because you would
"prefer to work in Word", you will most likely have a lot of additional
layout work to do and may still not be able to recreate the Pub document to
your satisfaction. Word Processing & DeskTop Publishing are two _related_ but
_separate_ types of environment.

HTH |:)

HTH |:)

"Jim Jones" wrote:

Some help for a novice....

How can I import a Publisher (2003) document into a Word (2003) document?

I have access to Acrobat 5.0, if that's relevant.

Many thanks for any help.

Jim Jones

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Can't be done. If you are the same person who asked this question over in
the Publisher newsgroup, I answered it over there a bit more fully.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]