Default fix field length in a cel

Hello,

I'am using a 'mergefield' statement in a Word XP table wich takes out data
from a SQL server database. The contents of this field can be as long as 20
caracters. The problem however is that in Word I only need the first 7
caracters. How can make the cel formatting the tekst this way ?

Thanks in advance

Hein

Doug Robbins

It's not really practical to try and do that unless you were using a fixed
pitch (non proportionally spaced) font. If you were, then by trial and
error, you could set the cell dimensions to exact values that allowed only
the required number of characters to be displayed.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
wrote in message
Hello,

I'am using a 'mergefield' statement in a Word XP table wich takes out data
from a SQL server database. The contents of this field can be as long as
20 caracters. The problem however is that in Word I only need the first 7
caracters. How can make the cel formatting the tekst this way ?

Thanks in advance

Hein

HeinZ

Thanks for your support, but I'am still unable to make it work.

Hein

"Doug Robbins" schreef in bericht
It's not really practical to try and do that unless you were using a fixed
pitch (non proportionally spaced) font. If you were, then by trial and
error, you could set the cell dimensions to exact values that allowed only
the required number of characters to be displayed.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP