Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
1915soccer 1915soccer is offline

Default How do I make my links available to other people?

I am using microsoft office word 2003. I am trying to create links to other
documents, scans and pictures. I can get the links to work on my computer
but when I try them on another computer they do not open. The address for
the link keeps chnaging. How do I change this so it will not change? What
should the address read? I am using one folder (a) and in a i have another
folder artifacts (b) and then a document Narratives (c) . I am trying to
link objects from the narratives file to the artifacts file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi 1915

1915soccer wrote:
I am using microsoft office word 2003. I am trying to create links to other
documents, scans and pictures. I can get the links to work on my computer
but when I try them on another computer they do not open. The address for
the link keeps chnaging. How do I change this so it will not change? What
should the address read? I am using one folder (a) and in a i have another
folder artifacts (b) and then a document Narratives (c) . I am trying to
link objects from the narratives file to the artifacts file.

what kind of links? Field code, please (Press SHIFT-F9 while the cursor
is in such a link).

I take it that, on the other computer, all the link targets are there,
as well? The link paths must be relative.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS