Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] kylejpatrick@yahoo.com is offline

Default macros / trust center error message

Hello,

I recently purchased Office 2007 Basic, and in the little time I've
used Word, I get an error message upon opening a document, and every
15 minutes or so thereafter, stating,

"The function you are attempting to run contains macros...When this
software was installed, you chose not to install support for
macros...This error usually occurs because of macro security
settings..."

It then goes on to tell me how to change settings in the Trust center,
which I've done, but the error message continues. Has anyone else had
this problem and know how to get this dialogue box from popping up
anymore (besides reinstalling the software, as it seems to guilt-trip
me in the quote above)? It's very annoying.

Thanks!
Kyle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Kyle

Take the error message at face value: "you chose not to install support for
macros". If you want to use macros, go to the Control Panel and Add or
Remove programs, select Office, click Change, and this time choose to
install support for macros.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word