Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
colblip colblip is offline

Default Mailmerge question

Hello, All!

I have a directory I print for the church. In it I have insert a picture of
the family with the code {INCLUDEPICTURE "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church
Pictures\\{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}.JPG" }. I would like to insert a
standard NoPictureAvailable.jpg file if there is no picture for the family
in question. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip
E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi colblip,

You could use:
{INCLUDEPICTURE "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church
Pictures\\{IF{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}= "" "NoPictureAvailable" { Mergefield "Full_Name"}}.JPG" }

--
Cheers
macropod

"colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message ...
Hello, All!

I have a directory I print for the church. In it I have insert a picture of
the family with the code {INCLUDEPICTURE "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church
Pictures\\{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}.JPG" }. I would like to insert a
standard NoPictureAvailable.jpg file if there is no picture for the family
in question. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip
E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
colblip colblip is offline

macropod,

Tried the code and result was correct picture for each record that had a
picture but for those that didn't rather than NoPictureAvailable.jpg being
used the picture from the previous record is repeated.

Hello, All!

I have a directory I print for the church. In it I have insert a
picture of the family with the code {INCLUDEPICTURE
"O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church Pictures\\{ Mergefield
"Full_Name"}.JPG" }. I would like to insert a standard
NoPictureAvailable.jpg file if there is no picture for the family in
question. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip
E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

With best regards, colblip. E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com

Hello, macropod!
You wrote on Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:26:13 +1000:

m You could use:
m {INCLUDEPICTURE "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church
m Pictures\\{IF{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}= "" "NoPictureAvailable" {
m Mergefield "Full_Name"}}.JPG" }

m --
m Cheers
m macropod
m [Microsoft MVP - Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi colblip,

Do do actually have a jpg file named 'NoPictureAvailable.jpg' in O:\Pictures\2009 Original Church Pictures\?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
colblip colblip is offline

Macropod,

Yes, I double checked to make sure and it is there with that name and is the
'picture' I want to add.

[...]

You wrote on Fri, 7 Aug 2009 09:35:14 +1000:

m Do do actually have a jpg file named 'NoPictureAvailable.jpg' in
m O:\Pictures\2009 Original Church Pictures\?

m --
m Cheers
m macropod
m [Microsoft MVP - Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi colblip,

OK, select the whole output file (Ctrl-A) then press F9 to update all the images. If the image that is supposed to be represented by
'NoPictureAvailable.jpg' now shows, the only problem was with the field updates

If the image that is supposed to be represented by 'NoPictureAvailable.jpg' doesn't now show the correct image, the next step is to
examine the output field code. To do that, press Alt-F9 to toggle the field display. Then check what's displayed in the field that
is supposed to show your 'NoPictureAvailable.jpg' image. If it's not there, there's a problem in the way you've coded the IF test -
you need to pay careful attention to the use of spaces and double quote characters. If it is there, you need to re-check the name in
the field code against the file's name.

Mailmerge question Vicki13 Mailmerge 1 August 2nd 08 11:25 PM
Mailmerge and VBA Question jim Mailmerge 5 January 25th 07 05:29 PM
Another mailmerge question Colonel Blip New Users 9 September 1st 06 05:48 PM
Hi...Two Question Concerning Envelopes via MailMerge... Infoman Mailmerge 2 August 28th 05 09:19 PM
Another mailmerge from Excel question Paul - NottsUK Mailmerge 2 May 18th 05 10:19 AM