Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default This modification is not allowed because the selection is lock

When you installed it, was your PC set to the current date and time? Was a
trial version installed on it previously?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"jdc" wrote in message
The consensus here seems to be that locked software means the trial has
expired. Several posts have noted the software is behaving like it is
expired
when it was just installed.

What should a user do who has just downloaded, installed and activated the
trial yet MS Word is locked and will not unlock?

By the way, excel works fine. Also, per a previous post I attempted to
activate twice. No joy. When I do Alt-F, I and select Activate, it says
the
trial is good until March 31, 2010.

Please anyone:
How can this obvious MS Office bug be fixed or worked around?

Thanks,
jdc

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It sounds like you probably have a trial vesion of the software that has
expired or being activated.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

"Mahirb" wrote in message
I have the same problem and I just got my laptop less than 2 weeks ago.

"John" wrote:

I can open the document, but i can't type anything. I can't do
anything
with
it. The bottom it says "This modification is not allowed because the
"selection" is locked."

please answer me....