ssatterwhite

Default How to Print just selected pages of Word 97 labels

I need desparately to be able to print just selected pages of labels. Every
version of Word I have had, including Word 2002, creates labels as one page,
even though the actual number of label sheets are many. Is there a way I can
'trick" Word into printing, say pages 7,8, instead of all 20 sheets?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
--
sharon
Doug Robbins

Each "page" is a Section, hence specify the sheets that you want to print by
prefixing the number with s

s7,s8

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"ssatterwhite" wrote in message
I need desparately to be able to print just selected pages of labels.
Every
version of Word I have had, including Word 2002, creates labels as one
page,
even though the actual number of label sheets are many. Is there a way I
can
'trick" Word into printing, say pages 7,8, instead of all 20 sheets?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
--
sharon

Graham Mayor

Merge to a new document. Following the merge, each page of the new label
document is separatyed by a section break, thus you can print by addressing
the sections eg for 'pages' 7 and 8 - enter s7-s8 in the print pages box

ssatterwhite wrote:
I need desparately to be able to print just selected pages of labels.
Every version of Word I have had, including Word 2002, creates labels
as one page, even though the actual number of label sheets are many.
Is there a way I can 'trick" Word into printing, say pages 7,8,
instead of all 20 sheets?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

ssatterwhite

Thank you, thank you! It worked perfectly! I feel rather chagrined that I
didn't know that each sheet was considered a section! I will give you credit
at work when I tell them I solved the problem! Thanks again!
--
sharon

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Each "page" is a Section, hence specify the sheets that you want to print by
prefixing the number with s

s7,s8

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"ssatterwhite" wrote in message
I need desparately to be able to print just selected pages of labels.
Every
version of Word I have had, including Word 2002, creates labels as one
page,
even though the actual number of label sheets are many. Is there a way I
can
'trick" Word into printing, say pages 7,8, instead of all 20 sheets?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
--
sharon

ssatterwhite

Thank you, so much Graham. You have made me look really good at work! I
will give you and the other Word MVP's all the credit - you guys are the
greatest! Thanks again.--
sharon

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
1st word in heading flush left second word flush right Elin New Users 9 April 4th 05 08:44 PM
How do I print selected labels? Lin Daws Mailmerge 0 March 28th 05 06:31 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM
preview odd number pages on the right and even on the left mikeo Page Layout 6 February 26th 05 12:26 AM