Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Axel07 Axel07 is offline

Default How to get resizable fonts in Word-generated Web page?

I am creating a small mock-up web site for a few collaborators, all of whom
have IE6 or IE7. I use Word 2003 to create the pages, using "Save as Web
page" to .htm or .mht format. I then email the files to my collaborators so
they can view them as a file-based website on their own machines.

When I view the files in IE, I find that the fonts are fixed in size; I
can't vary them using IE's View: Text Size selection.

How can I make my font sizes variable in the browser? I have been able to do
this in a kludgy way by manually editing the .htm files and giving font
styles a size in ems rather than points, but this does not seem a very
satisfying solution. I assume the answer may be to use CSS files, but the CSS
styles information saved by Word seems rather complicated. Does anyone know
how I can solve this problem in a simple and reliable way? I use only a
Normal style and three or four Heading styles.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

?B?QXhlbDA3?= wrote in
:

[...]

The CSS in MsWord and the CSS in html web pages is NOT the same method or
tool.
Had you used the html web page CSS than visitors would be able to adjust
their fonts within their browser.

http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

Word should NOT be used to create web pages.