bhm7319

Default Watermark

When I insert watermarks in my document, some of the pages losses header. It
is not the white spaces between pages. I cannot figure out why this happen
only on some of the pages. I use Word 2003.

--
Thank you.

Bharat
Jay Freedman

See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

This problem has been discussed in another thread, and I have been pondering
on it. The other poster (or perhaps it was you?) said that his document had
multiple sections, all linked before he inserted the watermark. After
inserting the watermark, they were unlinked, and only one of them still had
the original header information. I know that users often have problems with
Format | Background | Printed Watermark in multi-section documents in Word
2002/2003. Is this the way you are inserting the watermark? The problem
users have is often that when they try to remove the watermark (by setting
it to No Watermark), it is removed only from one section. This suggests that
Word may have unlinked the headers in the document, since users can still go
into the header directly and select and delete the watermark.

What this suggests is several possibilities:

1. If you're going to insert a watermark this way and want it to appear on
all pages, your best bet is to insert the watermark before creating your
header and/or inserting section breaks.

2. If you already have multiple sections with a linked header and don't want
to mess that up, you'd be better advised to create the watermark manually
rather than use Format | Background | Printed Watermark. (If you don't know
how to create a watermark manually, see €œHOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word
97 and in Microsoft Word 2000€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324.)

3. In your present situation, I can only suggest that you either (a) relink
all the headers or (b) copy the header from one section and paste it into
each of the rest. If you choose (b), display nonprinting characters so you
can see and delete the empty paragraph that will be created in this process
(and one *will* be created no matter how skillfully you try to avoid it).