Manfred

Default Numbering

Hello, have used styles to number headers, which seems to be the right thing
to do.
Now I want to add text with Numbers underneath Heading 2 and Heading 3. Each
of the text paragraphs shall have the numbering from the respective header (2
and 3) above it plus its sequence number. An outline is shown herewith:
1. (Heading 1)
1.1 (Heading 2)
1.1.1 (Text)
1.1.2 (Text)
1.2 (Heading 2)
1.2.1 (Text)
1.2.2 (Text)
2. (Heading 1)
2.1 (Heading 2)
2.1.1 (Heading 3)
2.1.1.1 (Text)
2.1.1.2 (Text)
Could somebody explain on how to get the text numbering right, again, after
I have used the styles to format the headings already up to level 9.
Would appreciate any help

If you make sure you have set up the numbering and linked it to the styles
as described in
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, you should
have no trouble. Note that you do not have to apply numbering levels 1-9 to
Headings 1-9; in your case, you want to link numbering level 3 to your body
text style.

"Manfred" wrote in message
[...]

Manfred

Thanks for the comment Suzanne.
I do not think that the problem is resolved yet since
- sometimes there is body text under the level 2 heading and
- sometimes under the level 3 heading (see example)
What is to do in this case - can you help?
Have visited shaunakell.com - a very good site, put me right for several
things and directed me to this discussion group ...
Thanks again, Manfred

"Manfred" wrote in message
[...]

I believe you can assign the same type of numbering to levels 3 and 4.
Assign Level 3 to Heading 3 and Level 4 to your body text style. In both
cases, set numbering to include Levels 1 and 2 and to restart after Level 2.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you make sure you have set up the numbering and linked it to the

styles
as described in
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, you

should
have no trouble. Note that you do not have to apply numbering levels 1-9

Headings 1-9; in your case, you want to link numbering level 3 to your

body
text style.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.