Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Duy Nguyen Duy Nguyen is offline

Default Track Changes turn on when modifying automatic numbering

When trying to modify a paragrah with automatic numbering, the document will
update the numbering but marks it with Track Changes.

For example if I have:

1. The gray fox is here
2. The blue bird is there

And I try to add in another paragraph between 1 and 2, Track changes will
turn on and mark the current 2 with a red strikethrough and insert a new 2
(with my new paragraph) with blue coloring.

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Duy

I assume you're using Word 2003?

If so, then I have experienced this problem, and other people have mentioned
the same problem on these newsgroups. I don't think anyone knows the cause.

The last time it happened to me, I saved the document, exited Word and
re-booted the computer. That solved the problem for me on that occasion, so
it might help.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word