Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Carol Carol is offline

Default Numbering bullets down columns instead of across rows?

I have a 3 column table with multiple rows. I have numbered bullets in each
of the cells for the 2nd and 3rd columns. I would like the numbers to be
consecutive going down the column, not across the rows as Word wants to do.
Is there a way around this?

Desired table output:

Col. x Col. y Col. z
------ ------- -------
Row 1. text 1. text
Row 2. text 2. text
Row 3. text 3. text

What I get when I use "continue numbering from previous list"

Col. x Col. y Col. z
------ ------- -------
Row 1. text 2. text
Row 3. text 4. text
Row 5. text 6. text

Thanks in advance for advice, ideas!
Carol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Carol was telling us:
Carol nous racontait que :

I have a 3 column table with multiple rows. I have numbered bullets
in each of the cells for the 2nd and 3rd columns. I would like the
numbers to be consecutive going down the column, not across the rows
as Word wants to do. Is there a way around this?

The easiest, for me at least, would be to create two numbered styles. Apply
style one in the first row and style two in the second row.

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This is certainly the best way. For those who don't want to use styles and
are willing to do some extra work, two different SEQ series will do the
same.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" NoSpam@LeaveMeAlone wrote in message
Carol was telling us:
Carol nous racontait que :

I have a 3 column table with multiple rows. I have numbered bullets
in each of the cells for the 2nd and 3rd columns. I would like the
numbers to be consecutive going down the column, not across the rows
as Word wants to do. Is there a way around this?

The easiest, for me at least, would be to create two numbered styles.

Apply
style one in the first row and style two in the second row.

--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Jean-Guy Marcil was telling us:
Jean-Guy Marcil nous racontait que :

Carol was telling us:
Carol nous racontait que :

I have a 3 column table with multiple rows. I have numbered bullets
in each of the cells for the 2nd and 3rd columns. I would like the
numbers to be consecutive going down the column, not across the rows
as Word wants to do. Is there a way around this?

The easiest, for me at least, would be to create two numbered styles.
Apply style one in the first row and style two in the second row.

Of course, you will have corrected my typo.. I meant "in the first column"
and then "in the second column."

--
Salut!