Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MartinCz MartinCz is offline

Default Different headers and footers for even and odd pages fonly one sec

Hi.

I am using MS Word 2003.

I have my document devided into sections.

For one of the sections, I want to set, that threre will be different
headers and footer for even and odd pages.

The problem is that this setting always gets applied for the whole document.
I allways select to apply only for the current section, but it gets applied
for all sections in the document.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No, this is not a bug. "Different first page" can be applied to selected
sections. When you choose "Different odd and even," Word assumes you plan to
duplex the document and applies the setting to the entire document. There is
no way around this, but of course you can duplicate the Odd Page Header in
the Even Page Header or vice versa.

"MartinCz" wrote in message
Hi.

I am using MS Word 2003.

I have my document devided into sections.

For one of the sections, I want to set, that threre will be different
headers and footer for even and odd pages.

The problem is that this setting always gets applied for the whole

document.
I allways select to apply only for the current section, but it gets

applied
for all sections in the document.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MartinCz MartinCz is offline

Default Different headers and footers for even and odd pages fonly one

Thank you.

Thatt is exactly what I wanted to know.

Now I would like to know where is the Word user supposed to get this
information, because I searched through the help system and web and could not
find the answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You found the answer *here*:-) That's what the newsgroups are all about.

A Help file that covered every conceivable variation on every available
technique employed by every user of Word would be outrageously huge, totally
unwieldy - not to mention it being an impossible task in the first place:-)
Most of the most powerful software doesn't offer direct help availability on
anything more than the most mainstream functionality. Users need to rely on
other sources for insights & suggestions on the more intricate techniques...
The wealth of real-world experience & expertise available here - free of
charge - *is* the "unabridged help file":-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/27/07 1:08 AM, in article