Posted to microsoft.public.onenote,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike[_12_] Mike[_12_] is offline

Default best way to layout graphs in OneNote

Hi all,

Okay, I think I will have to all of these manually:

Basically, when I read PDF documents, I will manually cut, copy and paste
some portions of the PDF documents (those important points) as bitmaps,

and then I will need some place to store them. My goal is to abridge a PDF
document into a condensed version (including both texts and images so I
think the best way is not to OCR the text, instead, it's better to just
treat everything as a rectangular shaped bitmap).

I will need some place to store the rectangular bitmaps in one file. And
then I will print it the whole file into a new PDF file, which is the
condensed version.

Now the question is:

How to conveniently layout these rectangular bitmaps I copied and pasted
from the original PDF documents? The requirement is simple: just layout them
from left to right, from top to down, and maximize the efficiency in using
the space. (Of course the order should not be distorted, otherwise it
distorts the logic flow of the original document).

Doing so in Word is very tricky, and not easy. The graphs always floating
around.

Doing so in OneNote seems to be easier, it's like a free-form placement of
graphs. But it seems that OneNote doesn't have a concept of letter-sized
pages. It only have one very long and very wide page. How can I print the
long and wide page out into regular letter-sized pages?

In the ideal case, I hope the above process can be automated: I just need to
stick the graphs into the WORD/ONENOTE/OTHER software, and the software will
layout the graphs for me automatically, from left to right, from top to
down, in order.

How can these be most efficiently done?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.onenote
John Guin [msft] John Guin [msft] is offline

Hello Mike,

In OneNote 2007, click File | Page Setup. You can define set page sizes
there.

--
Thanks,
John Guin