Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Diane Diane is offline

Default Update Style - "error bookmark not defined"

Group -
Whenever a bookmark is used and the bookmark is not defined, the style is
automatically updated with "current style + bold". So if the missing
bookmark is then fixed, the "bold" stays with the current style. Is there
anyway to change the style for the error message "Error! Bookmark not
defined"--I want/need the "bold" removed.
Thanks,
Diane
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Diane,

You can't easily prevent the "Error! Bookmark not defined" message from appearing in bold. However, if you go into Format|Styles and
uncheck the 'update automatically' option, that should prevent the Style from updating.

If you're committed to retaining automatic Style updating without this being affected by the bookmark errors, you'll need an IF
field coded along the lines of:
{IF{REF BkMrk}= "Error!*" "Error! Bookmark not found." {REF BkMrk}}
where 'BkMrk' is your bookmark name.

Cheers
--
macropod