Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cyrusbononza cyrusbononza is offline

Default How do I maintain consistent spacing from the footnote separator .

My dissertation requirements demand a consistent distance of 12 points (or a
single space) to the text above the footnote separator on every page. Some
pages are at the required distance, but a few have considerably more distance
between the footnote separator and the text. How do I fix this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You'll need to use the "Below text" option instead of "Bottom of page," but
this will give you an uneven bottom margin. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm