Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] dziemeel@gmail.com is offline

Default Wrong drawer print

Some documents are always printed from drawer 2. If you go to "page
setup", you can see this is embedded in the document. If you print the
document on a printer which is pre-defined on drawer 1 (general tab as
well as advanced tab in printer properties), it still is printed on
paper coming from drawer 2.
Is there a way, to make Word using the printer settings, prior to its
own settings? Without having to check or edit each document before
printing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Try in the Page Setup, Paper, Default Tray (Tray1) in both Paper Source
options.
In Print Options, Default tray: "Use Printer settings".
Now, when you print the Printer Properties settings should be what you get.
Ensure that you have the most up-to-date driver (and the correct driver) for
the printer you are using, sillly to say - but it can really help.
Hope this helps
DeanH

" wrote:

Some documents are always printed from drawer 2. If you go to "page
setup", you can see this is embedded in the document. If you print the
document on a printer which is pre-defined on drawer 1 (general tab as
well as advanced tab in printer properties), it still is printed on
paper coming from drawer 2.
Is there a way, to make Word using the printer settings, prior to its
own settings? Without having to check or edit each document before
printing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Willy[_2_] Willy[_2_] is offline

I don't want to have to check of each document, before printing, the
page setup settings. I know I can change there the settings to the
correct drawer. But that's not what I want.
I have a "pre-defined to drawer 1" Printer Driver (the correct driver
and latest one). What I want is that Word uses the printer settings,
instead of the page-setup settings.
I want Word to disregard the page setup settings (or at least those
settings related to the drawers) and to use what I choose in the
Printer Driver.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is exactly what DeanH told you how to do. Set the document to use the
Default tray ("Use printer settings"), and Word will use the settings you
have selected in the printer.

"Willy" wrote in message
I don't want to have to check of each document, before printing, the
page setup settings. I know I can change there the settings to the
correct drawer. But that's not what I want.
I have a "pre-defined to drawer 1" Printer Driver (the correct driver
and latest one). What I want is that Word uses the printer settings,
instead of the page-setup settings.
I want Word to disregard the page setup settings (or at least those
settings related to the drawers) and to use what I choose in the
Printer Driver.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Willy[_2_] Willy[_2_] is offline

I believe that most people don't understand what I mean.
I'll explain again.
In fact I'm a Canon System Engineer and I'm talking about
a customer's complaint. And he does NOT want to have to make
those changes in Word. He wants his documents printed in one
click, by clicking on the printer icon (= the pre-defined default
printer).
He wants that documents come out of the drawer that he defined in this
printer's properties. He wants the Word settings being overruled by
the
printer's settings. Which in my opinion is not an unlogic wish.
Apparently, Word only accepts the printer driver settings if "Use
Printer
settings" is selected in Page Setup. But this is document dependent.
He wants Word to accept ALWAYS the printer driver settings.
In this way he doesn't have to check each word document before
printing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If a different drawer is specified, it is at the user's wish. The default
settings in Normal.dot are "Default tray (Auto Select)" for both "First
page" and "Other pages." If documents have been modified to specify a tray,
that is not Word's fault.

"Willy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Willy[_2_] Willy[_2_] is offline

Specifying a different drawer can be the wish of one user. It's
possibly not
the same wish of his collegue, chief, employee, client, businnes
partner, ...,
who has to continue working on the document and eventually needs to
print it.
In my opinion, there are different levels; OS, application, document,
printer driver.
The Operating System is irrelevant here. The application (Word) should
allow us
to decide if printer settings should be used or not. In "Tools",
"Options", "Print",
a tick box "Ignore Page Setup drawer settings (use printer driver
settings)"
should be added. In this way, making it possible that ALWAYS the
printer
settings are used. At this moment, the decision is made on document
level,
ignoring both lower level settings (Tools, Options, Print, Default
tray) and
higher level settings (Printer Driver).

Print margins are wrong helmet23000 Page Layout 1 October 2nd 07 03:15 AM
Word 2003 only prints to one Printer drawer JCampbell Microsoft Word Help 0 October 17th 06 04:34 PM
drawer labels AmyFPA Mailmerge 1 March 24th 06 06:12 PM
Print with the wrong paper size Shane Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 05 12:23 PM
Inserted jpgs print wrong SteveK New Users 10 July 5th 05 07:35 PM