Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MikeJr MikeJr is offline

Default Changing Defaul Line Spacing

I am trying to change the default document (the one the comes up when I open
WORD), so that there is NO spacing between paragraphs, unless I enter a
space. I have tried all kinds of ways to get it to work, and it always
defaults to NORMAL template, instead of NO SPACE templete. HOW do I set the
default document to NO spacing?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

MikeJr,
You are in Word 2007?
If so, try this:
Click the dialoglauncher button in the styles group on the
Home tab.
At the very bottom of the task pane, click on the Manage styles button, the
third one.
Choose the Default tab in the dialog. Change what you want to change.
Check radiobutton at the bottom which says New documents based on this
template. Hit OK.
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"MikeJr" schreef in bericht
I am trying to change the default document (the one the comes up when I
open
WORD), so that there is NO spacing between paragraphs, unless I enter a
space. I have tried all kinds of ways to get it to work, and it always
defaults to NORMAL template, instead of NO SPACE templete. HOW do I set
the
default document to NO spacing?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Modify the Normal style in the Normal.Dot template.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MikeJr" wrote in message
I am trying to change the default document (the one the comes up when I
open
WORD), so that there is NO spacing between paragraphs, unless I enter a
space. I have tried all kinds of ways to get it to work, and it always
defaults to NORMAL template, instead of NO SPACE templete. HOW do I set
the
default document to NO spacing?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MikeJr MikeJr is offline

I have tried to do this... but the change does nothing. I changed the drop
down box "style to the following paragraphs" to single spacing, but still get
space

"MikeJr" wrote in message
I am trying to change the default document (the one the comes up when I
open
WORD), so that there is NO spacing between paragraphs, unless I enter a
space. I have tried all kinds of ways to get it to work, and it always
defaults to NORMAL template, instead of NO SPACE templete. HOW do I set
the
default document to NO spacing?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You're changing the wrong thing. You need to click on Format, choose
Paragraph, and then in the Paragraph dialog, change the spacing to Single
and the Spacing After to zero.

The "Style for following paragraph" determines what style will be applied to
the next paragraph when you press Enter at the end of a paragraph in a given
style.

"MikeJr" wrote in message
I am trying to change the default document (the one the comes up when I
open
WORD), so that there is NO spacing between paragraphs, unless I enter a
space. I have tried all kinds of ways to get it to work, and it always
defaults to NORMAL template, instead of NO SPACE templete. HOW do I
set
the
default document to NO spacing?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Or change the whole "style set" to "Word 2003" (Home group, Styles chunk,
"Change styles" dropdown on the right, first menu item) .

Klaus