Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
degas1900 degas1900 is offline

Default Autotext in header

I have the company name saved as an Autotext and it shows up in my Autotext
list when working on the body of a document. However, when I attempt to
insert it in a header (such as on the second page of a letter), my additional
Autotext entries are nowhere to be found in the Autotext drop-down list for
Headers and Footers. How do I get them to show up? I'm using Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The AutoText entries shown on the list on the Header and Footer toolbar are
only those formatted in the Header or Footer style. Save the company name in
one of those styles, and it will be on the list.

"degas1900" wrote in message
I have the company name saved as an Autotext and it shows up in my Autotext
list when working on the body of a document. However, when I attempt to
insert it in a header (such as on the second page of a letter), my
additional
Autotext entries are nowhere to be found in the Autotext drop-down list
for
Headers and Footers. How do I get them to show up? I'm using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

degas1900 wrote:
I have the company name saved as an Autotext and it shows up in my
Autotext list when working on the body of a document. However, when
I attempt to insert it in a header (such as on the second page of a
letter), my additional Autotext entries are nowhere to be found in
the Autotext drop-down list for Headers and Footers. How do I get
them to show up? I'm using Word 2003.

The entry has to be formatted with the Header style or the Footer style at
the time you create the entry in order to appear in that list.

In regular text, insert the existing entry. Apply the Header style to it.
Then select it, press Alt+F3, and enter the same name; when prompted whether
to replace the entry, say yes. It should now appear in the Headers/Footers
list.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
degas1900 degas1900 is offline

Didn't work. My AutoText contains two lines centered in one font, then the
date and page # at the left margin in a second font. When I attempt to save
it as a header style, it changes to all one font and all centered. Not what
I want to see! My work-around is to just insert my AutoText from the Insert
menu rather than the Header drop-down list.