Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
esally esally is offline

Default blue border

I now have 2007 Word. I imported my 2003 Word documents to the new machine.
One document contains lists with brackets on either end so that they could be
alphabetize. Now when I try to edit the document, a blue border surrounds the
document and I cannot edit the document. When the mouse is outside of the
document, the border disappears. I need to edit this document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anup Tawde Anup Tawde is offline

Hi,

I think you are talking about content placeholders. Its a new technology
introduced in Office 2007 system. it is called as "Acetate Layers". These are
just like form fields or equation editor in word 2003 and prior versions

These are like editable blocks in word document. You can type in those
blocks but dont worry, those blocks wont come in print outs

--
Regards,
Anup

"esally" wrote:

I now have 2007 Word. I imported my 2003 Word documents to the new machine.
One document contains lists with brackets on either end so that they could be
alphabetize. Now when I try to edit the document, a blue border surrounds the
document and I cannot edit the document. When the mouse is outside of the
document, the border disappears. I need to edit this document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Anup Tawde" wrote

Do you work for Microsoft? Are you entitled to use a email
address?