Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

Default Printer Notification

Word 2003 - When I send a document to the printer a dialogue box pops up,
and stays up, telling me the document is printing. How can I get rid of that
annoying dialogue box ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

Perhaps, but this issue just started. I've had the printer for a very long
time (HP LaserJet 4 Plus) and never had this dialogue box pop up when
printing.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
Word 2003 - When I send a document to the printer a dialogue box pops

up,
and stays up, telling me the document is printing. How can I get rid of
that
annoying dialogue box ?

I think you'll find that's a function of your printer, not Word or
Windows....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Let me guess. It says something like "This document sucessfully printed."

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
Word 2003 - When I send a document to the printer a dialogue box pops

up,
and stays up, telling me the document is printing. How can I get rid of
that
annoying dialogue box ?

I think you'll find that's a function of your printer, not Word or
Windows....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Jan Groshan" wrote:

Word 2003 - When I send a document to the printer a dialogue box pops up,
and stays up, telling me the document is printing. How can I get rid of that
annoying dialogue box ?

Tools Options... "Print" tab check "Background printing"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Go to the Control Panel and select the Printers applet. From the File menu
select Server Properties and then choose the Advanced Tab. Clear the check
box against 'Show informational notification for xxxxx printers'.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
Word 2003 - When I send a document to the printer a dialogue box pops up,
and stays up, telling me the document is printing. How can I get rid of
that
annoying dialogue box ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I hate that blasted "successful printing" message too. I've disabled it on
my work computer and for several of my coworkers. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

HOORAY !!! Thanks.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
Word 2003 - When I send a document to the printer a dialogue box
pops
up,
and stays up, telling me the document is printing. How can I get
rid
of
that
annoying dialogue box ?

I think you'll find that's a function of your printer, not Word or
Windows....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Go to the Control Panel and select the Printers applet. From the File menu
select Server Properties and then choose the Advanced Tab. Clear the check
box against 'Show informational notification for xxxxx printers'.

Never seen that dialog box on my computer, or on any computer I have worked
with...

On my machine at work I do not have that option in the Advanced Tab. I am
still stuck with Windows 2000 though... Which Windows version has that check
box?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Go to the Control Panel and select the Printers applet. From the File
menu
select Server Properties and then choose the Advanced Tab. Clear the
check
box against 'Show informational notification for xxxxx printers'.

Never seen that dialog box on my computer, or on any computer I have
worked
with...

On my machine at work I do not have that option in the Advanced Tab. I am
still stuck with Windows 2000 though... Which Windows version has that
check
box?

It's here on Vista, and also on XP SP3....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Jean-Guy

It is definitely on XP and (in my case) Vista. I'm pretty sure it was
introduced with XP.

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Go to the Control Panel and select the Printers applet. From the File
menu
select Server Properties and then choose the Advanced Tab. Clear the
check
box against 'Show informational notification for xxxxx printers'.

Never seen that dialog box on my computer, or on any computer I have
worked
with...

On my machine at work I do not have that option in the Advanced Tab. I am
still stuck with Windows 2000 though... Which Windows version has that
check
box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Jean-Guy

It is definitely on XP and (in my case) Vista. I'm pretty sure it was
introduced with XP.

It must be off by default becasue I have never had to play with that.

Thanks for the info.