Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nick from Arlington VA Nick from Arlington VA is offline

Default office 2003

I am a perfectly satisfied customer with Word 2003 (and with Windows XP, for
that matter). With a new laptop I signed up for the trial version of the new
office, and I will not be purchasing the new product (it is overdesigned, and
intrusive, and I am tired of learning new programs!).

My old version of Office 2003 was on the hard drive removed from my last
laptop, but while it was "seized" while I was on line and converted to Office
2007. How can I get back the old version of Office? Can Office 2003
(student and home) be purchased? Can I get Office 2003 re-installed online,
or, at the very least uncontaminated?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Installing a trial version should not replace the original version, but it
will take the focus. If you uninstall the trial, locate Winword.exe (in the
folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11) and run that application,
it should reset the registry to make it the default again.

If you have configured the trial installation to upgrade 2003, then you will
not be able to install it without the original installation disc.