Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
st st is offline

Default Winword 7 Fancy Window Title

Just wondering, is it possible to switch it off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Sandy,

Word v7 would be Word 95. Word 2007 is Word v12. Are you referring to the ribbon interface in Word 2007? If so, you can minimize
it by double clicking a tab or using Ctrl+F1. If not, I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're referring to as 'Fancy Window Title'.

==============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
st st is offline

Hi Bob,
actually I meant this:
http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?i...w7titlext5.png

"st" wrote in message ...
Just wondering, is it possible to switch it off?

P.S. Newsgroup name doesn't imply the version. )
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No, the newsgroup doesn't cover a specific version but we need to know which
one you're talking about to help you.

Looking at that .png file, you have an ancient version of Word and not an
English one either. What are you calling the "Fancy Window Title"?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"st" wrote in message
Just wondering, is it possible to switch it off?

P.S. Newsgroup name doesn't imply the version. )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
st st is offline

Why, the main application window title bar, framed in red on preceding screen shot. As you can see, it's owner-drawn. I *know* it's not crucial, but I _would_ like to know how turn it off, just for contingency sake...

"JoAnn Paules"...

No, the newsgroup doesn't cover a specific version but we need to know which
one you're talking about to help you.

As third token in subj says, it's 7, or 95

Looking at that .png file, you have an ancient version of Word and not an

UseNet newsgroups is _very_ ancient, so one thing suits another

English one either. What are you calling the "Fancy Window Title"?

English version has it too, I may assure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You can't, as far as I know of. I don't understand "overdrawn" or "fancy".
It's just the plain vanilla title bar.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"st" wrote in message
Why, the main application window title bar, framed in red on preceding
screen shot. As you can see, it's owner-drawn. I *know* it's not crucial,
but I _would_ like to know how turn it off, just for contingency sake...

"JoAnn Paules"...
No, the newsgroup doesn't cover a specific version but we need to know
which
one you're talking about to help you.

As third token in subj says, it's 7, or 95

Looking at that .png file, you have an ancient version of Word and not an

UseNet newsgroups is _very_ ancient, so one thing suits another
English one either. What are you calling the "Fancy Window Title"?

English version has it too, I may assure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Sandy,

Are you saying that the red border is part of the Windows Title bar, not something that was done just to highlight it for the
picture? Otherwise, can you explain a bit about what part of the title bar you're trying to modify or hide?