Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default path and filename

Using Office 2007 and Windows XP

In Word 2003, I added a button to my toolbar that displayed the entire path
along with the document filename. Is there a similar option in Word 2007?
I can see the filename in the title bar of Word, but I would like to also
display the entire path.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Add the Document Location tool to the QAT.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"BK" wrote in message
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP

In Word 2003, I added a button to my toolbar that displayed the entire
path along with the document filename. Is there a similar option in Word
2007? I can see the filename in the title bar of Word, but I would like to
also display the entire path.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

So helpful when you know the name of what you are looking for. grin I
had looked for "path" and "web address" and "file address" and "file
location" and on and on and on. Thanks so much!!

"BK" wrote in message
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP

In Word 2003, I added a button to my toolbar that displayed the entire
path along with the document filename. Is there a similar option in Word
2007? I can see the filename in the title bar of Word, but I would like
to also display the entire path.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Try the following line of VBA in an AutoOpen macro stored in Normal.dotm:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

"BK" wrote in message
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP

In Word 2003, I added a button to my toolbar that displayed the
entire path along with the document filename. Is there a similar
option in Word 2007? I can see the filename in the title bar of
Word, but I would like to also display the entire path.

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org