Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OKB OKB is offline

Default How do I set different margin work pages for permanent use?

My younger brother living with me is a student of computer engineering and I
think, out of curiousity or personal efforts to learn, or whatever it is, he
has disorganised all my 'word' settings, especially the margin, When I type I
don't get the correct margin I thought was set when I get the document
printed.

Each time I tried to reset the margin, I get this message "Increasing right
margin causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
unevenly spaced columns" and it has never changed since then.

Also, the page break line has diappeared.
When I type a continous document fit to be about 5 pages, when I print, I
get just one page, the resi I don't see.

I AM NOT A GURU MYSELF. I NEED HELP.

Please help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The following may solve the problem:
In the document where the problem occurs, select Format Columns. Click the
"One" icon €“ also if it is already selected. Click OK.

Then try to select Page Setup again and click OK to check whether the
problem is solved.

If the problem occurs in all new documents you create, you need to find and
open Normal.dot and make the same correction there. Save and close Normal.dot.

For help on finding and changing Normal.dot, follow the instructions in the
article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"OKB" wrote:

My younger brother living with me is a student of computer engineering and I
think, out of curiousity or personal efforts to learn, or whatever it is, he
has disorganised all my 'word' settings, especially the margin, When I type I
don't get the correct margin I thought was set when I get the document
printed.

Each time I tried to reset the margin, I get this message "Increasing right
margin causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
unevenly spaced columns" and it has never changed since then.

Also, the page break line has diappeared.
When I type a continous document fit to be about 5 pages, when I print, I
get just one page, the resi I don't see.

I AM NOT A GURU MYSELF. I NEED HELP.

Please help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lian Cung Lian Cung is offline

I shared the answer of
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark

I have the same problem and now the problem is solved. Thank you so much for
your contribution.

Lian Cung
Myanmar.