Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peter Longstaff

Default Applying a new template to an existing document

Hi All,

I have a large document that was created with the companies OLD template. I
now want to "update" to the new company template (different fonts,
spacings, logo etc).

If I simply cut and paste the contents of the document the tables, images
etc are not aligned correctly etc.

Does anyone know if I can simply apply a template to a document, as you can
in PowerPoint?

TIA
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

This isn't how templates work in Word. Sorry.

Creating a new document based on the new template is the only
straight-forward way to get new content (margins, spacings, headers/footers,
logos, text) from that template. If you use styles to format your text, and
the same styles appear in both, pasting the old text into a new document
based on the new template will reformat the text to the new styles. Direct
formatting, as you've observed, complicates things.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Peter Longstaff" peter_dot_longstaff@nowhere_dot_com wrote in message
48.16...
Hi All,

I have a large document that was created with the companies OLD template.
now want to "update" to the new company template (different fonts,
spacings, logo etc).

If I simply cut and paste the contents of the document the tables, images
etc are not aligned correctly etc.

Does anyone know if I can simply apply a template to a document, as you
can
in PowerPoint?

TIA
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peter Longstaff

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/

Thanks Charles.

This is not the response I wanted, but at least now I know where I am.

Thanks Peter

P.S. You are correct about See also the MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/
beign awesome!