Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jimboom333

Default Page layout

Occassionally, in the middle of a mult-page document, the margin at the top
of a page may change "all by itself". e.g. I am currently re-aranging a 6
page document.
Page 1-4 all allow me to start text on line 1, but when I moved the bottom
paragraph of page 4 to page 5, it skipped me all the way down to line 12.
When I backspace the text, it goes from line 12 p5 to line 52 p4. If I hit
enter again to move it back to p5, it automatically takes it to line 12.
This is probably a pretty stupid question, but this has been happening to me
for years. ANy ideas? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey

On the offending page, look at FilePage SetupLayoutVertical Alignment and
see that it is set to top.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

jimboom333 wrote:
Occassionally, in the middle of a mult-page document, the margin at
the top of a page may change "all by itself". e.g. I am currently
re-aranging a 6 page document.
Page 1-4 all allow me to start text on line 1, but when I moved the
bottom paragraph of page 4 to page 5, it skipped me all the way down
to line 12. When I backspace the text, it goes from line 12 p5 to
line 52 p4. If I hit enter again to move it back to p5, it
automatically takes it to line 12. This is probably a pretty stupid
question, but this has been happening to me for years. ANy ideas?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jimboom333

Thanks for the tip. I did as you suggested and the verticle allignment on the
offending page was set set to "top". No change in the problem.
What else can I try?
Thanks.

jimboom333 wrote:
Occassionally, in the middle of a mult-page document, the margin at
the top of a page may change "all by itself". e.g. I am currently
re-aranging a 6 page document.
Page 1-4 all allow me to start text on line 1, but when I moved the
bottom paragraph of page 4 to page 5, it skipped me all the way down
to line 12. When I backspace the text, it goes from line 12 p5 to
line 52 p4. If I hit enter again to move it back to p5, it
automatically takes it to line 12. This is probably a pretty stupid
question, but this has been happening to me for years. ANy ideas?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jimboom333

Greg,
I went back and changed the"apply to" from "whole document" to "this
section" and that seemed to work. Thanks for your help.
jims