table not displaying all text in cell

Old March 2nd 09, 11:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gary Watson

Default table not displaying all text in cell

I have a 300 page document with some large tables.
Some of the cells in the tables are also quite large - over a page long.
When viewed in Normal mode, the text is visiable, but in print preview and
when printed, all the text that would be on the second page is not displayed.

Is there a way around this "feature".
Old March 2nd 09, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH

Ensure that for the row in question, you have "Allow row to break across
pages" checked, this is found under Table, Table Properties, Row tab.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

Old March 2nd 09, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jaz

SAME PROBLEM HERE!!!

I tried this solution BUT my box that says "Allow row to break across pages"
is grayed out so I cannot check this box. Any suggestions?

Old March 3rd 09, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PamC via OfficeKB.com

Make sure the text wrapping is set to none.

PamC

JAZ wrote:
SAME PROBLEM HERE!!!

I tried this solution BUT my box that says "Allow row to break across pages"
is grayed out so I cannot check this box. Any suggestions?

Ensure that for the row in question, you have "Allow row to break across
pages" checked, this is found under Table, Table Properties, Row tab.

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Is there a way around this "feature".