My text is cut off in my table....

Old March 9th 09, 09:41 AM
alis88 alis88 is offline

Default My text is cut off in my table....

(Please see screenshot).

Can someone please help me with how to stop this problem happening? I would rather the text go on to the next line, than keep going on across the table if you see what I mean.

Is it something to do with my tabbing? I can't seem to make it any smaller.

My line spacing and paragraph settings are all fine btw.

Thanks,

Alis
Attached Images

Old March 9th 09, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

From the leader, I'd guess the cell contains a tab stop outside the right
cell margin. Perhaps it was okay before the column was made narrower.
Similar cases often arise when the paragraph has a negative right indent,
but in this case I'm betting on the tab stop being set incorrectly for the
cell width.

http://word.mvps.org

"alis88" wrote in message

(Please see screenshot).

Can someone please help me with how to stop this problem happening? I
would rather the text go on to the next line, than keep going on across
the table if you see what I mean.

Is it something to do with my tabbing? I can't seem to make it any
smaller.

My line spacing and paragraph settings are all fine btw.

Thanks,

Alis

|Filename: untitled.JPG |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment...ttachmentid=75 |

alis88

Old March 9th 09, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PamC via OfficeKB.com

In table options cell tab options (or some similar set of screens in
earlier versions of Word), there's a check box for wrap text. A check in
that box allows text to wrap.

From your screen shot, it seems the lines would be easier to read as designed
(on one line). With the cursor in the affected cell,look in the ruler for
the tab near the right end of the cell and make sure it's a right tab.

PamC

Old March 10th 09, 01:48 PM
alis88 alis88 is offline

Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
From the leader, I'd guess the cell contains a tab stop outside the right

"alis88" wrote in message

(Please see screenshot).

Can someone please help me with how to stop this problem happening? I
would rather the text go on to the next line, than keep going on across
the table if you see what I mean.

Is it something to do with my tabbing? I can't seem to make it any
smaller.

My line spacing and paragraph settings are all fine btw.

Thanks,

Alis

|Filename: untitled.JPG |
|Download: