Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jabari G Jabari G is offline

Default From a media playlist can you link to word

I am trying to figure out when you are typing media tracks info can you link
to your word, access or excel documents to keep a continueous list of all
tracks, without having to go back and forth from one program to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jabari G[_2_] Jabari G[_2_] is offline

You still not helping me, so what programs that will link, excel, access or
what!? Don't see what your site will help, if you are not with Microsoft.
Can anyone give me a point blank answer, please. Don't have time to read a
book of weird answers. To the point, please.

Jabari G wrote:
I am trying to figure out when you are typing media tracks info can
you link to your word, access or excel documents to keep a
continueous list of all tracks, without having to go back and forth
from one program to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Graham's answer was correct in that if you are talking about a simple
playlist like an m3u-file, it is just a text file. So all you would have to
do is open Word, then using the "Open" menu select the m3u file and all your
songs would be listed by filename.

However your question is extremely vague formulated and you could mean
something totally different.

For starters, what do you mean by "typing media tracks info"? MP3 ID3v2
tags? Ogg XIPH comments? MPC APE tags? AAC tags? ... Or are you simply
talking about creating a playlist? The latter is what was assumed so far.

Also, what do you expect from the linking? A list of file names in Word? A
list of songs by artist? All details of all songs listed in a table?

Yves

Jabari G wrote:
I am trying to figure out when you are typing media tracks info can
you link to your word, access or excel documents to keep a
continueous list of all tracks, without having to go back and forth
from one program to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No-one here works for Microsoft. I did not refer you to any book of answers
wierd or otherwise. With respect to Word with which this forum is connected,
it is not possible to do what you ask, for as I said media playlists are
text files which don't support links.

So as your time is certainly no more valuable than mine, the point blank
answer is that you can do your own web searches to find some possible
alternative that will do what you want.

Jabari G wrote:
I am trying to figure out when you are typing media tracks info can
you link to your word, access or excel documents to keep a
continueous list of all tracks, without having to go back and forth
from one program to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

Ahh the joys of trying to help the illiterati, eh Graham? g
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!