Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
geekseeker geekseeker is offline

Default How do I parse out email addresses using find/replace?

After copying a distribution list from an email, I have a list of email
addresses in the form of including the quotes around
Sam and the around the email address. I would like to end up with a list
of just the email addresses, e.g. . I can do this in Excel,
but would like to learn how to do it in Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:12:01 -0700, geekseeker
wrote:

After copying a distribution list from an email, I have a list of email
addresses in the form of including the quotes around
Sam and the around the email address. I would like to end up with a list
of just the email addresses, e.g. . I can do this in Excel,
but would like to learn how to do it in Word.

The key to this is using wildcard find/replace
(
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm).

This find expression:

and this replace expression: