Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default single line space that "is not"?

This is in a very long 500 page document in Word 2002.
There is a small area of text in a bibliography that for some reason has
areas where the space between lines is greater than the single space it
should be. I've checked and it is listed a single space between lines. How
can I correct this?

Example is at
http://www.hold.sephardicgen.com/badLineSpace.doc

Thank you.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Change the Before and After settings from Auto to 0.

FWIW, one of those paragraphs is Footnote Text, the rest Normal, and all
have had direct paragraph formatting applied. Better to define a
Bibliography style (with the required hanging indent) and apply it
consistently.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
This is in a very long 500 page document in Word 2002.
There is a small area of text in a bibliography that for some reason has
areas where the space between lines is greater than the single space it
should be. I've checked and it is listed a single space between lines.
How can I correct this?

Example is at
http://www.hold.sephardicgen.com/badLineSpace.doc

Thank you.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Thank you Suzanne. I was hoping to hear from you.

Yes some of this was copy/pasted.

Jeff

wrote in message
This is in a very long 500 page document in Word 2002.
There is a small area of text in a bibliography that for some reason
has areas where the space between lines is greater than the single
space it should be. I've checked and it is listed a single space
between lines. How can I correct this?

Example is at
http://www.hold.sephardicgen.com/badLineSpace.doc

Thank you.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In this instance, it wouldn't help, as it wasn't the line spacing that was
the problem.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
This is in a very long 500 page document in Word 2002.
There is a small area of text in a bibliography that for some reason has
areas where the space between lines is greater than the single space it
should be. I've checked and it is listed a single space between lines.
How can I correct this?

Example is at
http://www.hold.sephardicgen.com/badLineSpace.doc

Thank you.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

I had tried that but before asking the question but it did not seem to work.

Suzanne's advice worked. Although I had looked at the paragraph formating
which showed single space, I was not aware of the before and after settings.
When I changed it to 0 the problem went away. I also followed Suzanne's
advice and created a bibliography style that I applied everywhere I had a
bibliography throughout the book.

Thank you Jan.

Jeff