Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ashlee777 Ashlee777 is offline

Default Problems switching from Web Layout View to Normal View

I just typed up a lovely word document in Web view, since I just
realized that using the web view I can accurately gauge how long my
posts will be.

However, when I went to print the document it came out with the lines
of text all smashed together and switching back to normal or print
views does the same thing.

How do you switch between the two without the type completely rolling
back on itself?

--
Ashlee777
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word has lost the connection to the printer. Restarting Windows usually
helps. After you've restarted, you may want to delete any left-over
temporary files (for more on that, see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm).

A long-term solution might be to update the printer driver.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ashlee777" wrote in message

I just typed up a lovely word document in Web view, since I just
realized that using the web view I can accurately gauge how long my
posts will be.

However, when I went to print the document it came out with the lines
of text all smashed together and switching back to normal or print
views does the same thing.

How do you switch between the two without the type completely rolling
back on itself?

--
Ashlee777

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ashlee777[_2_] Ashlee777[_2_] is offline

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;3438906']Word has lost the connection to the printer. Restarting
Windows usually
helps. After you've restarted, you may want to delete any left-over
temporary files (for more on that, see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm).

A long-term solution might be to update the printer driver.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Thanks for your help. I know I've had other issues with my printer,
but I believe the issue is within MS word itself.

Copying the text from web view into another word document set in normal
view smashes the text all the way to the left of the page - paragraphs
of text become like five lines with hundreds of characters in a 1 inch
spot of the page. Switching back to the normal view in the original
document does the same thing. The only way the text can be viewed
normally is in the web view, but it cannot be copied or printed in that
fashion.

Has anyone ever encountered this type of problem and knows how to fix
it?

--
Ashlee777
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As I wrote, restarting and deleting temporary files should work. Did you try
that?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ashlee777" wrote in message

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ashlee777[_3_] Ashlee777[_3_] is offline

I'm not quite sure how to delete temporary files (the link you gave me
apparently doesn't exist), but this time it worked!
Thank you.

With Windows SP3, my printer constantly has errors and I've never
really looked into updating the printer driver.

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;3445138']As I wrote, restarting and deleting temporary files should
work. Did you try
that?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ashlee777" wrote in message
...-

-

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I have no difficulty accessing the linked article. You may want to try
again.

To update a printer driver, go to the manufacturer's web site.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;3445138']As I wrote, restarting and deleting temporary files should
work. Did you try
that?

--
Stefan Blom