Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat[_6_] Pat[_6_] is offline

Default Need help in making a document fit in one page.

Good Morning,
I am having trouble here in trying to make a document fit into one page. I
write a letter and when I print it out it looks awful. It is mostly on the
top of the page and does not look right at all.
Can someone help. ? I thought there was a setting where you can make your
document fit into one page ....or two if it's long enough but that it would
look clean
Thanks
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

There is and it was fully answered to your last post.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Pat" wrote in message
Good Morning,
I am having trouble here in trying to make a document fit into one page.
I write a letter and when I print it out it looks awful. It is mostly on
the top of the page and does not look right at all.
Can someone help. ? I thought there was a setting where you can make your
document fit into one page ....or two if it's long enough but that it
would look clean
Thanks
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat[_6_] Pat[_6_] is offline

Hi there,
I am very sorry not used to groups either and I never saw the reply to my
post.
thanks
Pat

"Pat" wrote in message
Good Morning,
I am having trouble here in trying to make a document fit into one page.
I write a letter and when I print it out it looks awful. It is mostly
on the top of the page and does not look right at all.
Can someone help. ? I thought there was a setting where you can make
your document fit into one page ....or two if it's long enough but that
it would look clean
Thanks
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat[_6_] Pat[_6_] is offline

Hi again,
This did not help sorry Suzanne I did find the shrink to fit finally but
this is not helping.
You see my letter is very short and I wanted it on a full page.
I know that Word prefect would do that in a flash.
I had heard that we could also do it in Word but this is not working
Any other suggestions ???
Thanks again Pat

"Pat" wrote in message
Good Morning,
I am having trouble here in trying to make a document fit into one page.
I write a letter and when I print it out it looks awful. It is mostly
on the top of the page and does not look right at all.
Can someone help. ? I thought there was a setting where you can make
your document fit into one page ....or two if it's long enough but that
it would look clean
Thanks
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

"Pat" wrote in message
Good Morning,
I am having trouble here in trying to make a document fit into one page.
I write *a letter and when I print it out it looks awful. *It is mostly
on the top of the page and does not look right at all.
Can someone help. ? *I thought there was a setting where you can make
your document fit into one page ....or two if it's long enough but that
it would look clean
Thanks
Pat

I might not understand, but if you have little text to fill a large
space, then either you have to make the text (font) larger or you have
to put white space in between the words, lines and paragraphs. In
both cases, you may end up with something that looks ridiculous.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As Mike says, if the problem is too little text, then increase the margins,
increase the font size, and increase the spacing between (some of) the
paragraphs. I usually drop the date lower in this case and add more space
between the date and inside address. Most of my letter templates use
13-point type, which I reduce only as necessary to fit a longer letter on
one page.

http://word.mvps.org