kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Default Cant change footnote from indenting and extra spacing

My footnotes are indenting and I am getting 1.5 spacing. Tried to change via "modify style" and used advanced tab and changed font and para but it changed the whole document. Now I can't reset modify style because the fields for "style type" and "style based on" fields are greyed out. Possibly because I saved in style type although I can't see it.
When I reopen the document it hasn;t saved changes and font still the same.
I am using citation software as well as manualy references.
Can anyone point me to a resource plese as possibly not searching for right problem
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Sounds like you are changing the Normal style. Make sure to modify the actual
Footnote Text style instead: Right-click the footnote text and choose Style from
the context menu. In the Style dialog box, click Modify, and then make the
desired changes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" wrote in message

My footnotes are indenting and I am getting 1.5 spacing. Tried to change
via "modify style" and used advanced tab and changed font and para but
it changed the whole document. Now I can't reset modify style because
the fields for "style type" and "style based on" fields are greyed out.
Possibly because I saved in style type although I can't see it.
When I reopen the document it hasn;t saved changes and font still the
same.
I am using citation software as well as manualy references.
Can anyone point me to a resource plese as possibly not searching for
right problem

--
kaye123

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

In addition to what Stefan said, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm. But note
that the Footnote Text style is based on Normal. If you change the
formatting of Normal, it will affect almost every other style. This is why I
recommend leaving Normal alone and using Body Text for body text instead
(see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...odyStyles.htm).

http://word.mvps.org