Referencing pictures in a Canvas Shapes collection

Old June 29th 12, 01:25 PM
ronymaxwell ronymaxwell is offline

Default Referencing pictures in a Canvas Shapes collection

I have a canvas in a document with a number of pictures on it. I placed the pictures into the document manually. I manipulated them (.Left, .Top, .Name, etc) using Document.Shapes(1).CanvasItems(i). where i refers to each canvas shape in the collection. There are a lot of pictures and I want to generate a list of their filenames (including path) without having to individually select each one and get the info manually. I can't find any way to reference the pictures and hence their filenames. There doesn't seem to be a property in the canvas shapes collection to do this.
Old August 3rd 12, 05:21 PM
Venky62 Venky62 is offline

This code will print out the full path of all the pictures in your document. But they should have been inserted into the document with a "Link" or "Insert and Link" selected in the Insert Picture dialog box. When you insert a picture as an object, without speciying that it should also be linked, then that pictue does not have the name and path of its source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronymaxwell View Post
I have a canvas in a document with a number of pictures on it. I placed the pictures into the document manually. I manipulated them (.Left, .Top, .Name, etc) using Document.Shapes(1).CanvasItems(i). where i refers to each canvas shape in the collection. There are a lot of pictures and I want to generate a list of their filenames (including path) without having to individually select each one and get the info manually. I can't find any way to reference the pictures and hence their filenames. There doesn't seem to be a property in the canvas shapes collection to do this.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ListShapeNamesAndPath.txt (975 Bytes, 234 views)
Old October 18th 12, 05:28 PM
ronymaxwell ronymaxwell is offline

Originally Posted by Venky62 View Post
This code will print out the full path of all the pictures in your document. But they should have been inserted into the document with a "Link" or "Insert and Link" selected in the Insert Picture dialog box. When you insert a picture as an object, without speciying that it should also be linked, then that pictue does not have the name and path of its source.
Thanks for that, Venky. I didn't link them unfortunately. I'll bear it in mind though in the future.