IF THEN Formula Statement

Old October 21st 12, 07:47 AM
meimei29 meimei29 is offline

Default IF THEN Formula Statement

Hi (:

I was wondering if it's possible to have an IF THEN statement leading to a formula. I attempted using Microsoft's help guide online, and unfortunately, to no avail.

Basically, I was hoping to be able to check a field, and depending on if they were female or male, the equation would be different. The equations in the IF field would be

((140-I1)*B1*.85)/(72*D1)
((140-I1)*B1)/(72*D1)

I feel like I'm close, but so very far.. is it because Word does not support formulas in If-Then statements? I have..

IF {J1 = "Female"} {=((140-I1)*B1*.85)/(72*D1)} {=((140-I1)*B1)/(72*D1)}

As you may suspect, currently, it is just displaying this as text.. so if it's Female, it's showing as {=((140-I1)*B1*.85)/(72*D1)}. What is missing?