Get selection format

Old October 31st 12, 02:38 PM
nicnad nicnad is offline

Default Get selection format

Hi,

I am writing a long document and I am using over and over specific formating for each sections. I thought of writing macro and adding them to hotkey to quickly format my text the way I want.

The thing is I am unable to know exactly how my text string is formated. My text string consist of a numbered bullet with specific first line indent and left indent.

Is there a way to debug.print the format attributes of a selected text string?

(I.E. font,bold,bullet,disposition,etc...)

Thank you for your help and time.
Old October 31st 12, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Since you are re-using text formatting, a paragraph or character style should
work. For general information on using styles in Word, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/topic/word/styles.

For information on numbered styles, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nicnad" wrote in message ...

Hi,

I am writing a long document and I am using over and over specific
formating for each sections. I thought of writing macro and adding them
to hotkey to quickly format my text the way I want.

The thing is I am unable to know exactly how my text string is formated.
My text string consist of a numbered bullet with specific first line
indent and left indent.

Is there a way to debug.print the format attributes of a selected text
string?

(I.E. font,bold,bullet,disposition,etc...)

Thank you for your help and time.

--
nicnad

How to add new border art to my word document format selection? Jack Page Layout 2 November 15th 07 05:11 PM
column selection or row selection using shortcut keys clara Tables 3 April 16th 07 07:48 AM
selection Joanne Tables 2 July 28th 06 09:45 PM
Word applies Outline format to entire doc instead of selection. Wendy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 7th 06 08:37 PM
Format hits entire doc, not just selection dtm9509 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 27th 05 08:53 PM