Track Changes balloons

Old March 3rd 05, 05:44 PM
Brenda Rueter

Default Track Changes balloons

Word 2002

The track changes tab in options is set to show balloons. However, all I
get is a vertical line along side the left margin. How do I get balloons to
appear? TIA!

Old March 3rd 05, 06:10 PM
Brenda Rueter

Insertions: Underline
Formatting: none
Color: Custom

Inserted text appears underlined and in red but it does not generate a
balloon. Deletions and formatting changes do generate a balloon, as I have
discovered since sending out the previous message. Is there a way to get
insertions to also use a balloon? I note that hovering over inserted text
brings up a "comment" of sorts, like you might see in Excel.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What formatting is defined for deletions and insertions?

so
all may benefit.

Old March 3rd 05, 07:27 PM

This is normal for Final Showing Markup. If you choose Original Showing
Markup instead, you'll see deletions in the text and insertions in balloons.

"Brenda Rueter" wrote in message
Insertions: Underline
Formatting: none
Color: Custom

Inserted text appears underlined and in red but it does not generate a
balloon. Deletions and formatting changes do generate a balloon, as I

have
discovered since sending out the previous message. Is there a way to get
insertions to also use a balloon? I note that hovering over inserted text
brings up a "comment" of sorts, like you might see in Excel.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What formatting is defined for deletions and insertions?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

Old February 13th 13, 08:22 PM
Phil Reinemann Phil Reinemann is offline

Location: Near Chicago IL

Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
This is normal for Final Showing Markup. If you choose Original Showing
Markup instead, you'll see deletions in the text and insertions in balloons.
Suzanne's Original Showing worked for me with WinXP Pro Word 2003, however, I had to switch from "Normal View" to "Print Layout View" (the boxes in the lower left of the window) to make the comments, etc show in the column to the right of the document's text where they somehow stopped showing. (There are so many Win/Word things to twiddle with to get the right combination to make something work!)

Last edited by Phil Reinemann : February 13th 13 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Clarify comment I made.