I want to remove table but want want to save my contents?

Old October 8th 08, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Umaid

Default I want to remove table but want want to save my contents?

I have applied table on the selected text but now I want to remove it from
the same selected text and make my content in plain format with no table
applied. No undo is available now. What should I do?
Old October 8th 08, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

Umaid wrote:
I have applied table on the selected text but now I want to remove it
from the same selected text and make my content in plain format with
no table applied. No undo is available now. What should I do?

In Word 2003 or earlier, with the cursor in the table, click Table Convert
Table to Text.

In Word 2007, with the cursor in the table, click Table Tools Layout
Convert To Text.

In either case, a dialog appears to let you choose which character to use as
a separator between items in adjacent columns. Each row will become a
separate paragraph.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old March 5th 13, 05:28 PM
SalWhite SalWhite is offline

Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post
Umaid wrote:
I have applied table on the selected text but now I want to remove it
from the same selected text and make my content in plain format with
no table applied. No undo is available now. What should I do?

In Word 2003 or earlier, with the cursor in the table, click Table Convert
Table to Text.

In Word 2007, with the cursor in the table, click Table Tools Layout
Convert To Text.

In either case, a dialog appears to let you choose which character to use as
a separator between items in adjacent columns. Each row will become a
separate paragraph.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Update for MS Word 2007:

After selecting the table, you will now have a Layout ribbon to select. I never did see a Table Tools or Tools option. From Layout, under Data, select Convert to Text.

Sally White