Christopher Brewster Christopher Brewster is offline
Junior Member

Default PDF output shows image paths

Using the Acrobat OfficePDF Add-in, I create PDF versions of documents used by customers. I was shocked to see that, when I mouse over an image, the PDF document displays the name and path of the original image file. I'd never noticed that Word even preserved that information-- yet the PDF is showing my company's internal paths to people outside the company. (This should not be the default behavior!) In the options for the Add-in, there's nothing to change this behavior. Please suggest a way to suppress this information.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't use the Acrobat Tab on the Ribbon -- it fails to understand
certain Word formatting quirks -- but rather the Print dialog box.
"Adobe pdf" (IIRC) is one of the choices (in mine, the first: are they
alphabetical?) in the Printer Selection drop-down. (I think it's
faster, too.)

--
Christopher Brewster

Abigail111 Abigail111 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Brewster View Post
Using the Acrobat OfficePDF Add-in, I create PDF versions of documents used by customers. I was shocked to see that, when I mouse over an image, the PDF document displays the name and path of the original image file. I'd never noticed that Word even preserved that information-- yet the PDF is showing my company's internal paths to people outside the company. (This should not be the default behavior!) In the options for the Add-in, there's nothing to change this behavior. Please suggest a way to suppress this information.
Hi,i'd like to suggest you to create the pdf files again.I think there is something wrong when you create the pdf.